1. Check around the house and gather anything and everything with red or hearts. Luckily my kitchen is already red, raid your craft stash, raid your laundry room, your kids rooms. You never know what you might come up with.
I found these red floral plates in my kitchen cabinet. Easy enough.
Found the little cupid dolls in LadyBug's room and added them to my china hutch.
2. Raid the Dollar Store, Dollar Bin at Tarjay, and grocery store sales that actually begin before Valentine's Day.
XOXO found at Tarjay.
Made these candlesticks by spraying my existing silver and yellow candle bases and Dollar Store Votives. S-I-M-P-L-E!
The Chef is also in the spirit with his own little gift!
3. Add simple touches to versatile items like Apothecary Jars and Frames that add some color but don't just scream VALENTINE'S DAY! They can be changed out easily and simply for each season.
In the Kitchen:
In the Bathroom:
In the Family Room:
4. Add Romantic Fragrance by using fragrant soaps, candles or air fresheners.
5. Put Pinterest to work for you! There is an abundance of free printables on Pinterest and it's so easy and inexpensive to print them out and display around your home. I have them all copied on my Valentine Pinterest Board if you would like them for yourself. Click on the Pinterest tab here and it will take you directly to them:
My favorite that I made:
6. Shop the Curb? Finally, I leave you with this curbside find. You didn't think I would let you get away without showing you a little Curbside Valentine Shopping, did you? I found this tree this morning during my little carpool trip to school, scooped it up real quick and refashioned it a bit. Might as well put it to use for at least one day before it goes up into the attic for Christmas.
Happy Valentine's Day!