Hi guys. First up in the "Takeover My Blog" series is my friend Claire at
I thought her recipe would be a perfect kickoff post for the series since it looks super delicious and just in time for Mother's Day!
P.S. I'm taking notes (and giving my family a week's notice so they can practice)!
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 stick cold butter (I freeze mine to make it super cold), chopped into small cubes
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1/8 cup of ice water
For the filling:
- 6-7 slices of bacon, crispy and crumbled into pieces (save the drippings!)
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half and half (or a split combination of milk and heavy cream)
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp each, salt & pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Carefully pour the egg mixture over the tart until just below the top of the crust. I got a little "precious" and laid in a heart shape with some of the diced red peppers. :)
Thanks Claire! What a fantastic spin on the already loved breakfast casserole. I cannot wait to try the recipe and I just may take you up on your offer to deliver!
Wish me luck, tomorrow is the big moving day! Our family is super excited!