I am so excited! Today I received TWO GIFTS!!…one in the real world and the other in my blog world:
The first one was from My Love – A Rigid Dremel Multi-tool/Hand Sander. No big deal to most girls but a big WooHoo for this DIYer! He bought it for me to clean up those white chippy chairs that I found last week! (truthfully I think he gets tired of me using all of his power tools for my silly projects and probably is already for the chairs to be out of the garage) Either way I am in love –
with the Dremel with this man as he was trying to make my future sanding life a little easier! It’s perfect and I cannot wait to try it out. Just no blender or toaster, okay honey?
And in the blog world I received the most fabulous news from my friend Helen from Helen’s Decor! Well I feel like we are friends as I first corresponded with her over a year ago on the MyKirkland’s Decor Website. She awarded me
The Versatile Blogger Award!
Wow! I am so excited. The last few weeks have been really fun since I have started my blog, although it has been in my mind and in the making for quite some time now. I really appreciate Helen passing the torch over to me and want to thank her for even considering this fun little “Sanford and Son wannabe” website any kind of award! Be sure and go check out her blog Helen’s Decor where she loves to show off her beautiful Tennessee Home and while you are there check out her awesome back porch. I would love to sit out there and chat with her for awhile. Thanks Helen!
Well in order to accept the award I must follow a few simple things:
The rules for this award are:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave the award to you
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Send it along to 15 other bloggers and let them know you have awarded them!
My 7 Things:
1. I have a very keen sense of smell. I enjoy it when I walk into my home and it smells like cinnamon, not so good of a sense in some stinky thrift stores!
2. I heart garage sales, resale shops and an occasional curb shop but don’t get me wrong – I love to shop and find inspiration at Kirklands, Pottery Barn, Garnet Hill, Ballard Designs, Garden Ridge and HomeGoods!
3. My husband and I met on the internet 🙂
4. I am a SAHM to 4 kiddos, a husband, a dog and a cat.
5. I love lurking into sale houses and open houses just to see how they are decorated.
6. I am a sucker for anything fleur de lis, ironwork, mirrors, scrolls and monograms.
7. I am less than 5′ tall!
I am cheating and will have to link up these recipients soon, having technical difficulties!