I love Amanda @ Mommy is Coocoo. I crack up at her lighthearted posts about being a wife and mom and she is pretty crafty too. I love her eclectic style and I know you will too. Here is an awesome piece of art that she made out of a pallet…just in time for Memorial Day!
How to Make American Flag Pallet Artwork
by the scripture on the cross, “I will fear no evil for thou art with me.” This scripture helped me explain to my children why we were hanging all of decorations and celebrating.
American Flag Pallet Artwork
Here’s How I did it:
- Disassemble (does everyone think of Johnny #5 when they write disassemble?) the pallet
- Lightly sand the wood
- Trace a cross onto the pallet wood (I bought this cross at Hobby Lobby which was totally coocoo of me because I have a large cross collection and I should have used one of those and saved $15)
- Paint red, white, and blue all around your traced cross (alternate one white plank one red plank to make it easier)
- Small tubes of crafter’s paint you can buy for a dollars will work perfectly
DO NOT involve your children (I did with disastrous results)DO this project with your kids! It’s a great opportunity to teach them about patriotism.
- Unless you have beautiful hand-writing, use a stencil and trace on the scripture (or whatever you want it to say) with a pencil
- When you have aligned the words how you want them use a black sharpie and draw over the pencil
- Use a stencil to paint on the stars (I used different sized stars, placed randomly to make it easier)